UPS Size matters | Choosing the One for your Business
During a power outage, an Uninterruptible Power Supply can provide backup power ranging from a few minutes up to an hour, depending on the size of the unit. This backup power source gives you a window in which to save and back up your company’s critical data.
Ensure your Critical Processes are Protected
UPS is a battery backup power source that allows systems to shut down safely during extended blackouts. They are also a vital source for dealing with brownouts, damaging power surges, spikes and line noise. Interruptions to your power supply like these can result in serious consequences if your equipment or data centre is unprotected.
The more closely the UPS sizing and capacity matches its load, the more efficiently it will operate. The UPS brands we stock are reliable and dependable operating high quality performance when required.
Points to consider when purchasing a UPS
- What equipment must be kept running?
- How long do the devices need to be kept running?
- The more devices connected to the UPS, the faster the battery power will deplete in terms of the power it can supply.
- There are three types of UPS: Line interactive, standby (offline) and online. Which is, the most suitable UPS for your business?
- Do you plan to increase the size of your network or data centre in the near future? If so, the extra power that will be required in the case of a power outage will need to be considered.
- Do you have the skilled and trained professional in-house who can manage and maintain the UPS supporting your network and data centre? If not, find out what is included in our UPS maintenance service. That way you can rest assured that you can always depend on your UPS.
Our UPS brands Riello, Borri and Eaton support small, medium and large businesses, and have a large number of capabilities in order meet your business needs and demands.
Whether you have a single PC or individual server, a large network or data centre, we can advise you on the most suitable UPS for your business.
Request a free Power Survey
Protect your critical data and get in touch to find out more about how we can select a UPS, and test its suitability in supporting the size and requirements of your business. If you’re interested in a free site survey, simply specify a group of devices you need to protect for example a single workstation to an entire data centre, and we’ll do the rest.